Peter F. Weiss
Peter graduated from the College of the Holy Cross in 1986 and the Dickinson School of Law in 1990. Peter was initially associated with the law firm Winne, Banta, Rizzi and Basralian in Hackensack, New Jersey, joining his family’s law firm in 1993.
Peter now focuses his practice in the areas of estate planning, wills and trusts, probate proceedings and estate administration. He also handles estate litigation, will contests and guardianships.
Peter is a past president of the Passaic County Bar Association and has served three terms as a trustee of the New Jersey State Bar Association, where he also served as chair of the nominating committee and chair of the Young Lawyers Division.
Peter has been a municipal court judge in Wayne, New Jersey since 2004. While his judgeship limits his ability to practice in criminal courts and municipal matters, it has not limited his ability to practice in other areas.
- New Jersey, 1990
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 1993
- J.D., Dickinson School of Law of the Pennsylvania State University, 1990 .
o Captain, Marshall Moot Court Team, 1989-1990
- B.A., College of the Holy Cross, 1986
Associations & memberships
- Passaic County Bar Association (President, 2003-2004; Chair, Probate, Real Property and Taxation Section, 2004-2008; Trustee, 1993—; Chancery Committee, 2002—)
- New Jersey State Bar Association (Trustee, 1999-2001 and 2006-2010; Chair, Nominating Committee, 2008-2009, Member, Nominating Committee, 2003-2005; Chair, Young Lawyers Division, 1998-1999; Member, Real Property, Probate and Trust and Estate Law Section)
- Turf Lawnmower v. Bergen Record 269 N.J. Super. 370 (App. Div. 1994)
- Judge, Municipal Court, Wayne, New Jersey, 2004–